Friday, July 21, 2006

Perhaps I Should Have Screened That One Better...

Sometimes when it is really quiet here late at night, and 911 rings, I get all amped up. I have been known to throw my book across the room and yell, "911 WHAT IS YOUR EMERGENCY" . Then there are calls like this last one.

Me: 911 emergency

Caller: (Panting out of breath) He-is-getting-away!!!!!

Me: Sir, who is getting away? (Thinking, oh this should be a good one, I toss my smut tabloid mag down, sit up straight, adjust my headset, and wait for the unfolding drama)

Caller: I am at Bobson and Julip and he is hiding here, in the backyard, (frantic) I need help.

Me: What city are you in? (My pulse spikes because he is on a cell phone so I only have the cell tower location and I do not recognize the location.)

Caller: I am in (neigboring city)

Me: OK let me get you to the right agency's 911 line

Caller: Hurry!

Me to Other PD: EPD with a cell phone transfer, caller has an emergency at Bobson/Julip, go ahead sir.

Caller: (Panting) I am chasing my cat, and he is getting away!!!!

Not only is that a total adrenaline dump, the other agency thinks I am a complete horses ass. Thanks Mr. Inappropriate-Use-Of-911-Caller-Guy.

No comments: