Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Get Me a Rolling Chair and a Big Gulp---Stat !

I have to take a physical. Again. Last physical I took to become a dispatcher at EPD was ridiculous. I am not talking the drug screen and the deep knee bends, I mean the fact that I had to run on a treadmill, at a 45 degree incline for 5 minutes. Now, I am going to go out on a limb here and say, I don't think there will ever be a time that I, as a dispatcher will be in a foot pursuit. You want a real dispatcher physical? Give me a chair with wheels and watch how fast I can roll from one console to the next. Give me a 44oz Super Big Gulp from 7-11 and watch the epic amount of time I can "hold it." Make me lift 5 pound DOJ handbooks, or give me 100 sunflower seeds to shell in 2 minutes, but a treadmill, puh-leeze!

4 comments:

HotRodHanna said...

Amen sister!! Only time I run (its more like a headlong dive) is when they say "pursuit" and I happen to be standing across the room. We actually got an memo on "How to sit in a chair" because someone fell on the floor one night as we were flying around. Talk about the ultimate micromanagement example memo.

Rebecca said...

Hotrodhanna, when are you going to start your own blog? I'd read faithfully!

HotRodHanna said...

Ive got one! hotrodhanna.blogspot. I get a total kick out of yours btw!

Wadical said...

How long can you hold a handset between your ear and shoulder? Can you eat those messy BBQ ribs without getting sauce in the keyboard and still leave one hand clean for typing? How well can you talk with your mouth full of food? Spin the Lazy Susan, spin the Lazy Susan!