Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I Felt Like a Peeping Tom.....

I am sorry if this entry looks all smooshed together. Every time I tried to spread it out and make it look more readable it just jammed it all back together again. Oh well.....


So, we are getting a new CAD system called RIMs. Anyone else have this system? I like it. It is very user friendly.

So, today we are still using the old system (Alliance) but I can bring up the training screen for RIMs. Turns out the officers are also using it, though from upstairs, practicing the various commands. While they were practicing entering commands and status updates, they must make up information about their pretend calls and pretend status changes. As I was practicing my own stuff, I glanced up and began reading what the officers wrote, and let's say it kept me VERY entertained! Here are some of the good ones: (But first a disclaimer for readers not in law enforcement: If you are reading this, please know our officers are normally very professional, and these comments were made to make each other laugh and to blow off steam. No citizens were harmed in the making of this post.)


The following were entered as notes as to where the unit was/what they were doing:





MEAL. GETTING DRUNK.



LUNCH. BECAUSE I DESERVE IT



COURT. GOING.



MEAL. I'M HUNGRY



COURT. HE'S GOING DOWN!!!!!



10-6 (busy) AT OFFICER M--'S GIRLFRIEND'S HOUSE



10-6. NOT PAYING ATTENTION



10-6. I AM SO LOST



BUSY. WITH BEAT WIFE.



CODE 7. AT THE BAR



WORKING ON REPORTS FOR OFFICER "L" AGAIN



10-6. ADMIN. IA FOR OFFICER "S"



COURT. LISTENING TO THE TWINS. (????)



WITH PRISONER. DOING CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATIONS



ADMIN. IN TROUBLE. AGAIN



CODE 7. 4TH MEAL



CODE 4. ON SCENE. WAKE ME IN AN HOUR



10-6. SLEEPING.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



10-8 (available) THERE ARE TOO MANY COPS HERE






The following are pretend documentation notes on call logs:


*Suspect's shirt looks like Detective Don's


*J's gathering at the local bar for a taste test


And notes to each other:


*We have a new "GREAT" instructor. He is creepy looking.


*Warning KJ (supervisor) may be in the area!!!!


*Testing 123, 123 Mike Check, Mike Check. I got two turntables and a microphone....




Note: (When adding supplies the officer had in his patrol vehicle such as PAZ, Taser, shotgun, etc., ) One officer added: A WINNING DISPOSITION




While I was practicing and using the old system too, I added a real call. Just a duplicate of one I was really working at a place called "Allie's Almonds" It was for a vandalism. Now mind you, our instructor told us, we would be assigned our own units, and no one else is allowed to put their hands on our units. (Of course, I was assigned our Lieutenant's unit call sign and I wasn't about to tell our LT when he came in to practice, to quit touching his own unit...) I digress. My point being, I entered the call, so no one else was supposed to mess with it. I came back to it an hour later, and found these notes added by various officers:




Officer Mike: Pick up a bag of almonds for me please


Officer Don: I like almonds. They have great almonds...a little bit smokey


Officer Tony: OFFICER KEN LIKES ALMONDS, HE MAY BE OUR SUSPECT!!!!


OFFICER ROBERT: All the almonds were taken. weapon used was an almond knocker.
ME: GUYS, THIS IS NUTS!

When they found out, I had been "spying" they were a bit embarassed! Then I think a little proud when I said they were very funny.



I realize that this whole post may be one of those "You had to be there...." but I still wanted to share it.





Ok, that is just about it. Last one; my absolute favorite of all the silly comments, was a note added to a minor injury accident:




"Pushed the car into (neighboring city). No report needed"




Ah...if only.....




3 comments:

Stacey said...

haha. I love cops

Rebekah said...

cop stories are all the same I think..... you have to be a little loppy to do a job like this. Or maybe its the job that makes you loopy?? I guess thats kinds like, "what came first? The chicken or the egg"

Brina said...

I can clarify "the twins" for you... two butt-slapping SWAT officers who are ALWAYS together, finishing each other's sentences. I know you know who I mean.