Saturday, September 15, 2007

Welcome Gentle Readers, New and Old

I would like to take a moment to thank all of my loyal readers. You guys, are so awesome. I love that there are so many other cops and dispatchers who share similar experiences. I would also like to take a moment to welcome all the new readers from the command staff at Wonderful PD, and some old friends from Huge PD. I really like this blog. I like the feeling of venting and commraderie that I get with other people out there who "get it". I have so many stories to share from the 4 very different PDs I have worked at, my own life stuff, and stories from my husband's job. This blog is my creative outlet. It's mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. And, as it is mine, I reserve the right to exaggerate real life events to make them more enjoyable to the reader. At times I have taken two stories and blended them into one. I have always changed names, times and skewed actual events just enough to protect my privacy both at home and on the job. Be forewarned, comments on my entries are welcomed and encouraged. However, any comments that I feel are inappropriate, or I feel may lead to discocery of my location at home or at any of the jobs I have ever worked, (past and present), will be promptly deleted. Then, my husband will hunt you down. Just kidding! Or am I...That said, allow me to share my latest bonehead moment.

I sent Officer F on what I thought was just a usuall Citizen Contact/Officer Assist. Later from talking to the caller I realized it was a potential officer safety/5150 contact. So I said:

Officer C to cover Officer F due to his unstable nature.....[Long open miked pause as I realized how that sounded]... Clarification the caller is unstable not Officer F....

Geez! And that's what happens when I go a month without working, I get rusty!

4 comments:

Wadical said...

It is your well placed sarcasm that is so enjoyable for me. I think I can rightly place myself in the "loyal reader" category, yes?

Ron said...

So, how long was the series of 'mic-clicks', as officers normally do that as a method of:
a. indicate laughter
b. make fun of others
c. being a general nuisance
d. all of the above

Cali911 said...

I'm happy to be a "old" new friend!! Thanks for the comment!!

Rebecca said...

Wadical, you are not only considered loyal, but you are also the commenter I look forward to the most. Does that make a "teachers pet" of sorts? I guess so. (Ron you are a close second)Now, Wadical, if you would kindly respond to the email I recently sent you, I'll give you extra credit!