Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'll write more soon...

I only have a moment or two, so I would like to share a couple of quick ones:

Said by my favorite salty officer when clearing a barking dog complaint:

"Me and the dog reached an understanding, and he agreed to my terms. Advised, cooperative. 10-8"

"I'll be out with a couple of independent strawberry entrepreneurs."

Later I dispatched this same officer to a hot call. I was a little rusty due to lack of recent shifts, so I was so proud that I remained calm, relayed the suspects descriptions, and no weapons mentioned, past contacts, etc. When I finally un-keyed the mic to take a huge relieved breath, the officer said,

"That's all great, but where am I going?"

I forgot to tell him where to go! Duh, that's dispatching 101: Location, location, location. Mortifying.

3 comments:

Wicked 911 said...

jajaja!! Happens all the time!

ENFORCER said...

I love the dog understanding, Ill have to use that one sometime. And I have been on BOTH sides of the where do I go call. (We all take a day inside in our department) and occasionally I'm one of the dispatchers when Im inside

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.