Sunday, September 02, 2007

We Can Learn A Lot From Our Elders

An elderly lady called in and said, "I have a noise complaint. The people next door are yelling up a storm. Can you hear them in the background? Here, I'll put the phone out the window." A much given response of, "That won't be necessary---" was halted mid-sentence because for once the noise was so loud, when the RP held the phone up, you could hear what she was complaining about. (99 times out of 100 the rp wants the dispatcher to experience the noise, and 99 time out of 100 I say, "No, no, don't hang the phone out the window, it doesn't matter if I can hear it or not, it is your peace being disturbed not mine." Besides, we usually can't hear the barking dog/party call/neighbors running around in the upstairs apartment, they are calling about.) This time was an exception. In what was almost THX clear audio, was a couple who were obviously in the throes of er, passion. The elderly lady then brought the phone back and said, "I mean honestly, no one is that good." I couldn't help it, without hitting the mute button, I laughed so hard! "I mean, am I right? Or what?" She said, also laughing. It was awesome.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

thats funny. At least she laughed about it too

5150Wife said...

That IS funny.

Glad you're back. Been checking for updates religiously. :-)

Ron said...

I can't believe my neighbor called you ... that is so embarassing!!!

Tasha said...

lol way tooo funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Wadical said...

That's happened a couple of times here too. The last time, as a matter of fact, was just about a month ago. This particular couple must have accidentally depressed the 9 key on their phone because we heard everything....and I do mean EVERYTHING.

Also, "in the throws of passion" as you put it (I like that, by the way.), she was on the floor in one of the stalls of the Malibu Lounge and Package store and wasn't at all shy about describing in vivid detail a "play by play" for us.

X-rated to say the least...not for the faint of heart, this job.