Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oh, Little Radio Console, So Brave and True....

I sure missed coming to work this week! I know, I know, you think I am a total whack job, but me and Danger (not his real name, it's his middle name), have been sick and I have been completely stir crazy at home! Tonight, (and tomorrow night, and Friday night), I am working at Wonderful PD. I love it here. Just the fact that there is a bathroom here in dispatch, makes me love this place! What can I say, I am easily satisfied!

Officer "M" just brought his K9, into dispatch without warning me. I just saw this hulking form come running in. Then he jumped on me and slurped my face. I just about peed my pants. I keep telling him, you gotta warn me! Love that dog though. I have four big dogs at home, and so the K9 is always facinated with sniffing my shoes.

Not much happenin' here tonight, but I won't say the "Q" word, just in case. Is it just me, or does any other dispatcher out there, just hate getting barking dog and other noise complaints on 911? Even though I am the only one here, I still make them call back on the non emergency number most of the time, just for the principal of it. Well, that is all for now, til later!

2 comments:

HotRodHanna said...

You are working all by yourself?! Hat's off to you girl! What if you have to go potty? Our minimum staffing is 2 and even then sometimes you cant leave your chair for 8 hours.

What does that say about us if after a few days we can't wait to go back to work? I ponder that every time I go on vacation.

Eric said...

Okay... I can see where every dispatch center would have a prohibition against "the Q word" but does EVERY department have a dog named Nitro?

Is it an American Gladiator thing? An automative thing? I suppose it wouldn't do to have canine officer called "Fluffy."

Great stories!