Saturday, August 19, 2006

Does That Make Me Craaaaazy?....Probably....

So I had my psych eval for "Close to Home PD" (CPD). And it went just fine. There are so many questions on those tests that you just wonder if anyone is ever stupid enough to be completely honest about them. I mean seriously, if a person did harbor secret attractions to small woodland creatures, has anyone ever marked the "True" bubble? I'm guessing, yes. My absolute favorite question of all the 2000+ questions was:

"My drug problem has never been an issue with my family life."

True! No wait, false cause I don't have a drug problem... No wait, if I say false it means it has been a problem.....Where is the "N/A" box????

4 comments:

HotRodHanna said...

Who makes up those tests?! Its rediculous. There is no way to answer that one without having some Phd look at it and say 'hmmm'. Do you have to talk to a shrink after you take the test too? Mine asked me only one question, "Do you remember the last book you read?". I said yes. "OK, thanks" and that was it. What is the freakin point?

Although... the thought occured to me. What if they purposely take the marginally crazy ones? No one in their right mind would do what we do, right?

FroneAmy said...

Rebecca-
Glad to see you back online. Hope you are doing better after last week.

I love hearing about these psych tests you have to take. Isn't there a word for asking a question like that, where there is no correct answer? Grr...that's going to drive me nuts till I think about it. Oh well.

FroneAmy said...

PS Gnarls Barkley rawks that song...love it! It's way overplayed and I can still listen to it any time it's on.

PJ said...

What the heck are they giving you psych evals for? Is that SOP for your department?